Water filters help remove any impurities by straining the water. Most of the water filters sold here at McCombs Supply are manufactured by WaterSentinel. WaterSentinel® offers replacement filters for the following brands: Bosch, Frigidaire, Kenmore, GE, Hot Point, Samsung, LG, Maytag, Jenn-Air, Amana, Kitchenaid and Whirlpool. In addition we carry OEM filters manufactured by Amana, Bosch, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, Kitchenaid, LG, Samsung, and Whirlpool.
WaterSentinel® line of superior refrigerator filters offer compatibility and significant pricing advantages. All WaterSentinel® water filters are covered by an unconditional 90 day money back guarantee. Check out some frequently asked questions.
Water Filter Tips
- Is it easy to change a water filter? Yes. All of the water filters can be changed by the average homeowner and instructions are included with each filter, if needed. You can always contact us for help if you have trouble.
- Do the water filters have a shelf life expiration date? No. All of the filters we sell can sit on your shelf until you need them. Once installed, it is recommended to replace the filter after 6 months of use.
- How do I reset my filter change indicator light? If your refrigerator has an indicator that tells you when to change the filter, it needs to be reset each time you replace the water filter. (Each manufacturer has different instructions for resetting the indicator so please defer to the manufacturer's manual.):
- Amana - Press and hold the dispenser lock and auto light buttons (at the same time) for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash. Once the indicator starts flashing, release the buttons. On some Amana refrigerators, you may need to press the dispenser lock and water buttons for 4 seconds until the filter status indicator begins to flash and then release.
- Frigidaire - Press and hold the reset button on the dispenser until the green light flashes (up to 15 seconds).
- GE and Hotpoint - Press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds.
- Maytag and Jenn-Air - Press and hold the lock and light buttons on the dispenser for 4 seconds or until the indicator light begins to flash. For new fridges, you may need to hold the lock and water buttons.
- Whirlpool and KitchenAid - Press the light switch 5 times within 10 seconds. If the fridge has a filter button, press and hold it for 5-10 seconds.
- Samsung - Press the ice type and child lock buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. (Important: Hold the buttons for only 3 seconds. If you hold these 2 buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, the reset function ceases.) Release the buttons and repeat the same step one more time. The water filter indicator light should turn green. Alternatively, some Samsung refrigerator models require that you press and hold the ice type and power freeze buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- LG - Press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.